2012 was a great adventure wasn’t it? Many ups and downs, with many lessons learned along the way. Now that 2013 has arrived, let’s get ready for some new lessons. One that we usually come back to is improving on our fitness & health, so today I will share with you some healthy recipes and easy ways to keep fit.
The recipe below is one of my favorites because it’s very tasty and quite filling. I don’t remember where I found this recipe, but I’ve been making it for quite a few years and I still love it. This recipe serves 2 people, depending on how hungry you are, and it goes great with toast, bagels, or even naan bread!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red & green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled & diced
- 1 small tomato, seeded & chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- grated cheese
- In a skillet heat the oil on medium high then sauté the onions, garlic and bell peppers until soft. While this is sautéing, put the diced potatoes on a plate so they lay as a single layer. Cook them in the microwave for about 3 minutes or until soft, be careful with the plate because it will be hot! Add the potatoes and tomatoes to the skillet.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, milk, oregano and salt & pepper together, then add to the skillet. Cook until the eggs have set then add a little grated cheese on top to melt.
This next recipe is very easy to make because you can use whatever fruit you have on hand.
- 5 cubes ice
- 1/4 cup fruit juice
- 1 cup frozen fruit or fresh (berries, kiwis, bananas, mangoes, etc.)
- 1/4 milk
- Add ice and fruit juice in the blender and blend until there are no more ice chunks left.
- Add the fruit and milk, blend until smooth.
- Adjust any of the ingredient above to suit your taste. Also, if you are using bananas keep in mind that it will make your shake quite thick and you may need to add more juice, milk or even water.
OK that’s enough food talk, lets focus on fitness. Below is a beautiful image I found of Sun Salutation Yoga. by ~dogyjoe on deviantART which is a nice, easy stretch to get going in the morning. I hope you have fun stretching and testing out these recipes!